Pediatric First Aid, CPR, & AED Classes
Our Pediatric program teaches appropriate emergency response skills, as well as prevention strategies, for the care of infants and children. Infant, Child & Adult CPR are inclusive. While the emphasis is on Pediatric skill development, Adult care techniques are also included. MEDIC FIRST AID Pediatric is a video-based, instructor-supervised emergency medical response training program. We teach in several locations throughout Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. View Calendar Dates.
Hands-on Skill Practice
Students will practice essential skills in small group practices and can also apply those skills in optional scenario-based practices.
Recognized Completion Period
Up to 2 years
• Child Day Care Providers
• School Personnel
• Bus Drivers
• Youth Sports Coaches
• Parents of Children under 10 years old
• Expecting Parents
Course Segments Include:
• Emergency First Aid Care
• Children and Emergencies
• Recognizing an Emergency
• Deciding to Help
• Personal Safety
• Using Barriers
• Assessing for Response
• Mechanism for Spinal Injury
• Activating Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
• Basic Life-Supporting Skills
• Airway Head-Tilt, Chin-Lift
• Clearing the Airway Log Roll
• Protecting the Airway Recovery Position
• Breathing Ventilations Mask/Shield
• Circulation Chest Compressions
• Initial Assessment
• Unresponsive Patient
• CPR for Cardiac Arrest
• Adult, Infant & Child CPR
• Sudden Cardiac Arrest Using an AED
• Control of Bleeding
• Managing Shock
• Foreign Body Airway Obstruction, Adult, Infant & Child
• Infant Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
• Ongoing Assessment
• Warning Signs of Serious Illness
• Altered Level of Responsiveness
• Pain, Severe Pressure, or Discomfort in Chest
• Breathing Difficulty, Shortness of Breath
• Severe Abdominal Pain
• Mechanism for Significant Injury
• Swollen, Painful, Deformed Limb
• Specific First Aid Problems (allergic reactions, asthma more..)
• Moving Patients
• Emotional Impact of Providing First Aid Care
Check Training Calender or E-mail us for dates.
© 1993-2015 First Aid Coach. All Rights Reserved. Web site by dlfWebgroup.com
Medic First Aid & Medic First Aid logo are registered trademarks of Medic First Aid International, Inc.
"This is the best class I have ever taken. I have been taking them for over 10 years."
"there are people who can really teach and Don is one of those. Great job!"
"he knows his stuff and he knows how to get that information across in a low stress style. Really, really great."
"every parent should be made to take Don's class."
"I've been taking this class every year for over 10 years and Don never fails to find new stuff to teach me"
"I never expected to get such valuable knowledge in a few hour class"